If you are in online marketing, you will have heard about Facebook Business Manager. As the name suggests, Facebook Business Manager organizes the essential things that you need to manage your Facebook account in an ad hoc manner.
It puts everything related to your needs in one place. In this Facebook Business Manager tutorial, we will give you more information about Facebook Business Manager. And it can manage your page and other essentials.
There are 3+ million advertisers on Facebook, and Facebook Business Manager gives them the ability to manage and manage all accounts simultaneously.
According to Hubspot–
Facebook Business Manager is a tool to help you create, publish, monitor, and report various business-related properties, including Facebook pages of your business, or your Facebook ads.
Let’s dive deeper into it 5 Steps to Understanding Facebook Business Manager
Why do you want to manage the business?
If you want to stay focused on your work then you should consider using the Facebook Business Manager. As soon as you enter your business manager, where you can manage your Ad Manager, page, Power Editor, and other assets, which are related to your business. Notifications and your personal news feed will not be displayed during this process.
Another important aspect of Facebook Business Manager, which urges you to use it. It can increase the overall security of your account and keep your things organized. You can make more than one Facebook account, page, or other necessary arrangements for your customers or yourself, which can create problems during shifting, and at the same time, it is not easy to run everything smoothly.
With the help of the Business Manager, you can easily monitor every single page or other essentials. If a person who does not work for you now has access to these assets and you want to block their access, then this facility can be really useful.
Instead of removing it from each and every asset, you can do this by simply removing their access to people in the business manager. If you are using the Business Manager, you need to assign roles to each person for your pages, accounts, or other essential items, not just assign roles to your business manager and you do not have to communicate with them.
How to set up a Business Manager?
There are various steps involved in understanding how to set up a Facebook Business Manager, suggested by the Facebook Business Manager tutorial-
1. Create a Facebook Business Manager account
You must create a Business Manager account, even if you only have a personal Facebook profile or even a Facebook page.
- Visit Facebook Business Manager and click on the CREAT account on the left-hand side of your screen.
- A pop-up will appear where you have to fill in the name of your business and then click Continue.
- After this, you will have to fill in your name and business email address, which you will use for your manager account, once you are finished.
2. Add your Facebook Business Page
In this step of mastering how to set up a Facebook Business Manager, you can either create a new Facebook Business Page or add it if you already own it. If you are working to manage their pages for your customers, then access to someone else’s page can also be requested.
If you are managing your customer’s Facebook page and other essentials, then it would be better to request access to the business manager instead of adding their account, because adding an account to the business manager will limit your access to their page Business relations can bother.
In this post, we will consider that you are going to manage your property and not your customers. So you have to pay attention to some things. If you do not do this already, you can read our guide to setting up a Facebook Business Page. Once you have created your Facebook Business Page, you are fully prepared to add it to the Facebook Business Manager.
How to Add Facebook Page to Facebook Business Manager?
- Click the add page option in the Business Manager dashboard, a pop-up will appear where you will have to click on the add page once more.
- After clicking the add page you will need to fill in the name of your business page. Since you are accessing your own Facebook page, the request will be automatically approved.
- If you have many Facebook pages then you can add them all by adding them to the exact method.
3. Add your Facebook Ads Account
Adding an advertising account to Facebook Business Manager App is a one-time job and you will not be able to remove it so it would be better to add the accounts you own. If you want to add them, you can request access to your client’s account.
If you already own a Facebook Advertising account, you can add it to Business Manager in the following ways;
- Pay attention to the advertising account id from the Ad Manager section and then go to your business manager dashboard and click on the add account, a pop-up will appear, click the add account again. Enter the same advertising account ID that you copied from Ad Manager. If you are not an owner of an advertising account, then you can set up a new Facebook account by following the methods outlined below.
- In the Business Manager dashboard, click ‘Add account ad account’ followed by a pop-up where you will have to click Create Account.
- Fill in the appropriate details and then click on Create Ad Accounts.
According to Facebook’s policies, you may have an advertising account from the beginning because you have set up your business account on Facebook. If you actively invest your money in that account, then you can add up to four more ad accounts for the same business. You cannot have more than 5 ads accounts for a single business.
4: Add people to help you manage your Facebook Assets
You probably do not want to manage the Facebook business account alone. But you would like to help a team through this process.
Facebook Business Manager lets you add other people to manage Facebook Business Pages and other campaigns. You can establish your team in the following ways;
- In the Business Manager dashboard, click on the icon at the top.
- Click on people on the left and left the column of people and assets where you can see the people who have access to your business manager. Since you are now managing the entire work alone, you do not expect anyone else to add more people by clicking on the add button.
- A new pop-up box will appear, where you must enter the business email addresses of the people you want to add. In this phase, you can only add individuals to your business manager, not an agency. You can either give them limited access (by selecting employee privileges) or full access (by choosing administrator privileges). It is advisable to use the email address of the people you are adding. Once everything is set up, click Add People.
- You can select the pages you want your members to work on. You can also assign specific roles to each member, such as an administrator, analyst, editor, moderator, or advertiser. Each role is explained below. 1) Page Admin: They have administrative controls on the page and can manage everything and assign a role to others as well. 2) Page Moderators: They can manage branded content alongside advertisements. They can manage messages as well as comments and also see insights. 3) Page analyzer: They can manage the settings of branded content and also see insights. 4) Page Editor: All the tasks that are done by the page moderator and can be published on the page as well. 5) Page Advertiser: They do the same thing as a page analyst, but they can also create advertisements. These different roles give people different control over the Instagram account linked to the Facebook page. If you have given roles, you can click on the Next button.
- In the next step, you have to select the advertising accounts that other members can access and you have to assign roles to them. Like the pages here, you also have different roles for different members, explained below; Advertising account administrators: They manage administrative tasks such as campaign management and bills and they can assign roles to others as well. Advertising Account Analyst: They can only check the overall performance of the ad. Advertising account advertisers: they can manage ads (editing and building). Once you roll the assignment, you can click on the Next button. In the next step you will be asked to assign others to the catalog, which you can skip now, so click the Skip button. You can see the list of people whom you have added to your team and what roles they have been assigned.
- The next task you have to do is to wait for all to accept the invitation for their roles in your team.
Facebook will tell them about an invitation through an email where they will get links to get started. It is advisable to inform them personally through a note or email. In your dashboard, you can see pending requests and you can manage them.
If a person is changing roles or leaving your company, then you can remove them by following the methods outlined below;
- Click on the business settings icon on your business manager dashboard.
- Go to the People and Assets tab and click on the People option.
- Select the person you want to remove and click the Remove button.
5: Connect to your Business Partners or Advertising Agency
If you have just started Facebook advertising, then you cannot use this feature but you can use it any time later.
(1) Click the Business Settings icon in your Business Manager dashboard.
(2) Select the People and Assets tab.
(3) As you select a page or ads account, you will be able to see the partner option in the left column, click on it.
(4) Choose Assign Partner.
(5) You must assign roles (such as in step 4) to your partner or agency.
(6) After that, you will get a link through which your partner or agency can connect to your Facebook Business Manager. Copy that link and then send it to your partner or agency. Click the Close button.
Once you have added a business partner or agency with your business manager, you need to worry about handing over roles to everyone working in that agency. All you have to do is assign roles to your business partner or agency and they will be in a position to manage other people.
6: Add your Instagram Account
Once you establish your Facebook property with Facebook Business Manager. You can also add your Instagram account to Facebook Business Manager.
(1) In the Business Manager dashboard, click on the Business Settings icon.
(2) You will see the option of Instagram accounts in the People and Assets tab, click on it, and then click on Add. A new pop-up box will appear, where you will have to enter the login information of your Instagram account, once you click, then click Next.
(3) If you have more than one ad account, you can select which one you want to add to your Instagram account, once you have completed the next.
A new pop-up will appear saying that you have successfully added your Instagram account, click on don option.
The job of Business Manager
Since you have linked your page and advertising account with Facebook Business Manager, let us understand how it works. As soon as you log into your Business Manager dashboard. You will see the menu option at the top left of your screen.
You will see the entire menu options that you are normally going to use in the Facebook Business Manager. You can basically do everything from this menu. From this menu, you can manage your ad campaigns, create new page posts, manage apps You can get all your data and other important information in one click.
For your advertising campaign, you can add a new viewer in the following manner.
Creating New Ad Advertising Audiences
Check out an audience text link in “Assets” under the Business Manager menu. You will get options to create three different audiences from here:
I. Custom: You can establish a relationship with those who visit your website and Facebook page and show interest in you and your business.
II. Looks like: You can also reach fans’ ‘friends’, who are already like people who like you. This is a smart strategy for promoting your business.
III. Saved: There are people who have been recognized by a combination of information related to their demographics.
How to create a product catalog in the Business Manager?
The Business Manager goes to Assets and clicks on the “Product Catalog” to create a product catalog. A new screen will appear where you will see an option of “Create Catalog”, click to start it. You can name your catalog and choose the type of this step. Type can be anything like hotels, flights, etc. We are selecting “products” in this example, after this step you expect to add a product feed. Fill in the name of your feed and enter currency and type (single vs recurring upload):
Choose the next option and you are all set to upload the file.
As you are doing the first time and you are unaware of the product catalog setup. Here I am giving you basic guidelines so that you can format the spreadsheet properly. You must fill these fields for all product catalogs. Large e-commerce platforms like BigCommerce, Shopify, and Magento provide you with features that will help you in these product catalogs.
In the next step, for every different product specification, you can enter detailed items. After completing all the steps, you will get a similar spreadsheet, below which you can upload and start.
When you first log in to the Facebook Business Manager, it can be complicated to work on it. You can also go to the Facebook Business Manager app to work with a better UI. If you want to stay here, you must first learn the basics of your login.
It is the process of learning at the beginning. Once you master every aspect of Facebook Business Manager, you will be able to execute your Facebook ad campaigns very effectively. Soon you will notice changes in your Facebook marketing strategy. And you will see that you are getting a high ROI because you are able to promote your page better.
Read this also:- Fantastic Facebook Marketing Tricks and Tips