What is Facebook Marketing?
How does Facebook make money?
That’s the business model of Facebook! It generates revenue through advertising.
What’s in it for the advertiser?
Steps to Kickstart Facebook Marketing
- Brand awareness – Reach people who are interested in your brand and can increase brand awareness
- Reach – Reach the Most People
- Traffic – Increase traffic on different web properties such as a website, app or Facebook book on a brand.
- Engagement – Increase engagement for posts like Post Like, Post Comment, Post Share, Event Response, Claim Offer etc.
- App installs – Access more people to increase your app installation.
- Video View – Reach more people to increase your video view count
- Lead Generation – Collect lead information from interested prospects through lead generation form.
- Messages – Increase the message on Facebook Messenger, start conversations with prospects.
- Conversion – Reaches people whose website or app is more likely to convert
- Catalogue Sales – Advertising that show items to catalogues to targeted audiences
- Store widget – Reach the surrounding store location and visit them at your store.
- Page – If you have several pages related to 1 profile, select the page for which you want to create an ad set,
- Audiences – Select the target audience in this section to which you want to deliver the advertisement. There are three main types of viewers;
1. Custom audiences – These types of audiences will reach people who have interacted with your business by uploading a custom file of website traffic, app activity, offline activity, post engagement or email id and phone numbers.
2. Lookalike audiences – Create a similar audience of pre-made custom audiences by selecting the percentage of equality among them.
3. New audiences – You can create a new set of viewers by selecting demographics and interests like location, interests, gender, language, interests, behaviours and connections (if any).
- Placement – Select the platforms where you want your ads to appear, such as Facebook newsfeed, quick articles, in-stream video, right columns, suggested videos, markets, stories, Instagram feed, Instagram stories, audience networks; Native, banner, interstitial, in-stream video, rewarded video, messenger inbox and sponsored message.Can also choose to target specific mobile devices
- Budget and schedule – Marketers can set daily or lifetime budget of the ad set and determine the life of the ad set. Anyone can choose the bidding strategy and distribution type.
How to do your business on Facebook?
So, what is this other type of content?
This is content that your target audience is interested in. Let’s say you are in the business of selling dog food. Obviously, your first priority is to run a Facebook advertising campaign to sell your dog’s food product. But to gain trust from your target audience, you can address topics that dog lovers would like; How to take care of your dog’s health, how to treat dog breed, how to celebrate your dog’s birthday, how to ensure proper nutrition for your children etc. What we are doing here, which is producing the material, which the dog lover will pay attention to, gradually you can push your product into the journey of their buyers.
Therefore, the answer to using Facebook for marketing is about understanding the needs and interests of your target audience and providing them with the best possible solutions in terms of content. This adds to your content, becomes your fan and ultimately becomes your customer.