In this article, I am sharing some knowledge about what is a personal blog? How to create your first personal blog? If you also want to know about this topic then you must read this article. Here you will get some important information about Personal Blog.
Want to create a personal blog? This post will then address the mystery behind personal blogging in the most comprehensive and results-driven way possible.
So, first of all, what is a personal blog and why do you need it?
The Significance of Personal Blog
Every person who wants to give a message to someone must first make sure to select the right medium. With the majority of the population shifting their preference to technology, information sharing mediums have also changed substantially.
Nobody could have imagined that the internet could become an essential part of marketing, but he did. One could not think that the Internet can also act as a medium to express ideas but it has undoubtedly become one and is also one of the fastest-growing and most famous.
Personal blogs have developed as a great medium for sharing information or even expressing ideas online.
A personal blog is the kind of blog that has developed slowly over a span of years. A blog is simply a type of website that focuses primarily on written content.
Personal blogs have gained immense popularity over time and have become a great source of sharing knowledge about experiences, feelings, thoughts or even about anything.
There is no hard and fast rule on how to create a personal blog. Personal bloggers follow the same trajectory of old times today, even though there is no fight to build a website. With the aim of creating a personal blog, budding bloggers can use multiple blogging networks and start sharing their blogs with the world.
The main success of a personal blog is in sharing the writing to others. The best approach may be to find people who share common interests with you. As a blogger starts connecting with other bloggers, personal blogs also grow.
Steps to Create a Personal Blog
1. Purchase Hosting and Your Domain Name
The main and major step begins with making the blog accessible to people around the world. In this way, you can definitely increase the reach of our blog and reach the audience around the world. Hosting and domain mainly require two main things for this.
This is the powerhouse of your site. Even if you are not able to see it, but every website on the Internet has a host providing service and most importantly it has power.
To keep it simple and practical a hosting service is one that is actually responsible for connecting your website to the internet if a hosting service is not available and the hosting provider will certainly not take any connection of the website with the internet.
The domain is practically your permanent address.
You should try to get a unique name that attracts and inspires the audience. Many websites today offer free domains, but this is just the case for newbies. If you are planning to build a large online presence, having your own domain becomes a kind of requirement as it goes a long way in building trust among users and giving your website a unique identity of its own.
You can, of course, choose to build your website from scratch at any time, but this means that you will have to do a great deal of time coding and then after applying maximum efforts, the end result can come out mediocre. Which can certainly be disappointing?
Therefore, if you do not like the idea of trying and playing hard with code and complex language, you can just adjust your attention and focus towards the expert available at your disposal online.
You can easily start with the purchase of your hosting and domain at the same time.
Choose a Hosting Plan
You can choose to go for the various options available at your disposal, but you can choose a WordPress blog and it is widely recommended to use Bluehost in new WordPress bloggers. Some of the reasons that justify this choice and move are as follows;
- You seriously need zero signal with technical knowledge as you can easily install a wordless software in a few clicks and start using it. This eliminates the fear of high technical knowledge that is widely practised among budding bloggers. Having said that, you can always choose to go into the production model of a website in the traditional way, but it is definitely the simple fact that it is your choice for your website and most importantly your blog.
- Budget is one thing that gives enough gossip to the big giant names, leaving alone novice startups and bloggers. Several websites are available to help erase this idea from context. Hosting services and domains become readily available at very reasonable prices, which is a great fact for all budding bloggers trying to make their mark amidst the cutting competition.
- You are also eligible for a free domain name when you sign up and it directly deals with affordability as a domain otherwise would easily cost $ 10+. In some cases, the amount may seem small, but on final payment, you eventually find that the iceberg is just a small part of the glacier.
- You can easily sign up for WordPress hosting on any hosting company like BlueHost. This can certainly turn out to be a daunting task, but it is only when you begin to catch it that you realize that you can realize how easily you create a personal blog Can.
- Certainly, success cannot be achieved overnight and with this in mind, Bluehost provides plenty of performance to keep your site under load. Being a new blogger, one can easily overcome online or simply slam under the stress of managing the workload and getting behind the wheel of the entire process.
2. Install Your WordPress Software
Unexpectedly you will have to install the software.
For example, if you are creating a WordPress blog, you will need to install WordPress software. This can be a bit intimidating again, but most people are surprised to learn how easy it is to actually install the software.
After completing the signup part, you receive an email from the hosting company.
The purpose of the email is to facilitate your experience of entering the hosting company customer area. A simple wizard is available at your disposal after first logging in.
The wizard takes you through the process of installing WordPress on your brand-new website.
You can launch the wizard by yourself using easy navigation and available menus, and that too very easily. Once you are down with the installation process, you finally get access to the dashboard of your new blog.
Accessing the dashboard and that too can change the mood of the users so easily and it is again a great start for their personal blog.
3. Start Writing on Your Personal Blog
Yes! you have earned it.
The next step that comes after completing the installation process is to actually give some content to your personal blog.
Using the menus and options available at the disposal, you will eventually launch a WordPress editor that will let you write content for your personal blog.
Using “blocks” this blog facilitates the addition of images or even an embedded YouTube video.
Leaving your blog solely on the responsibility of written content can make it boring at some point. To avoid this problem, it is always advisable to use pictures and other accessories. After saying that it should stop focusing on writing quality information on the blog and rely solely on pictures and infographics.
Read Here Also:- How to Get Ideas for Writing a Blog Post
4. Add Functionality to Your Personal Blog
While your personal blog does not make a difference and is going to inspire visitors, you need to pay proper attention to plugins. Plugins are primarily focused on facilitating the functionality of your personal blog.
There is no denying the fact that when you create your own personal blog with WordPress, you have the ability to write blog posts and create pages. You can easily add more functionality with the help of plugins.
Some of the advanced functionalities you can add using plugins are:
(i) Contact Form
(iii) Improved Search Engine Optimization
(iv) Social network button
Naming these tasks does not mean that they are available only at your disposal. It would not be wrong to state that you have a plugin available for almost every function that comes to your mind. Many people may question how to install plugins for your personal blog.
You are covered (not in a literal sense). The jokes below are quick version steps that you can follow to add plugins to your personal blog;
- All you have to do is go to the plugins and then click Add New (if it was not clear)
- If you purchase a plugin you will need to click on the Upload plugin button and then upload the zip file you received when the plugin was finally purchased for your personal blog.
- If you choose to proceed with a free plugin available on WordPress, all you need to do is to write the name of the plugin you want to install for your personal blog and install it.
- This may turn out to be a very simple and obvious step but still, you have to make sure that you have activated the plugin after installing it. The Plugins tab allows you to manage plugins for your personal blog very easily.
5. Looks, Do Matter
Looks why talk and take a chance with your personal blog. When you have actually written the content for your first personal blog, you need to change the way you view your blog. WordPress allows you the luxury of choosing from a large collection of themes.
The thing with WordPress is that you already have a theme on your personal blog. It can also be WordPress’s default theme or the one you choose during the setup wizard. You have a lot of themes for WordPress, so you’re not really limited to a small selection.
After you choose a theme for your personal blog, the next task that comes up is how to install a WordPress theme. Below are the steps that make your journey to apply the topic to your personal blog easier;
- Start hovering over the appearance
- You have to select the theme. It can be confusing to choose from a variety of topics, but you have categories again to choose the best and most appropriate one.
- After selecting the theme, you have to click on the Add Theme button.
- It is entirely your choice as to what you want to do for a free theme or also for a large collection. And why not? This is for your own personal blog.
- After installing the theme, you have to click on the Activate button to activate the theme and activate it on your site.
It would not be wrong to say that you cannot choose to optimize your site after applying the theme.
WordPress offers a feature called Customizer that lets you create tweaks for your theme. The best part of it is that you can do it without knowing the codes.
Having said this, the above steps make for the easiest steps to create a personal blog with WordPress.
Apart from WordPress, there is another platform that has become popular – Wix.
Since WordPress and Wix are the topmost options, you can choose which is better WordPress or Wix.
After you create your personal blog, all you have to do is go ahead and start writing great content for your personal blog.
You should try to focus on the content that you are distributing before you finally tilt your attention to get more visitors to your personal blog and obviously earn from your very own personal blog. Learning is definitely the key to success and the first objective should really be learning and the rest should be left to your performance and the efforts you put into your blog and work.
Finally, you will get information about what is a personal blog? How to create your first blog? I hope you like these blogging tips. If you liked this informative article, don’t forget to share it with your friends who need it.